Compatible iPad list
The school strongly recommends that the iPad is purchased through the school to benefit from the 3-year warranty, 3-year insurance, as well as fortnightly courier service for damaged devices.
Parents who opt not to purchase must ensure that their existing iPads meet the following conditions:
• Compatible with Device Management Application (DMA) software (for DMA to be installed)
• Compatible with stylus and keyboard (e.g Apple Pencil, Ruggedized Combo 3)
• Not older than 4 years from manufacturing date
• Battery should hold charge for at least 4 hours.
• Wi-fi function should work and support at least IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac standard that uses 5GHz band.
In addition, they must allow the existing iPad to go through a factory reset, i.e., existing data in the device will be wiped out.
Due to the implementation of Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), please await further information from the school with regards to the assessment process for compatible devices.
How to find the model number of your iPad:
Open the Settings app and tap on General > About
Look for the Model entry on this page. You should see a model number beginning with an ‘M’. Tap on the Model entry and it will show a model number beginning with a letter ‘A’.
The image below shows the iPad model is ‘A….’.
The model number is imprinted on the back of your iPad.
Flip your iPad over and read the small text printed under the word ‘iPad’. You should see the model number near the iPad serial number.
The image below shows the iPad model: ‘A1566’.