2019 Direct School Admission ─ DSA-Sec Exercise
Fairfield Methodist School (Secondary) welcomes applications from Primary 6 students in the
current academic year to take part in the Direct School Admission (DSA-Sec) Exercise. We seek
to provide an environment which will nurture your abilities and enable you to reach your
fullest potential as a student sportsperson/performer.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind our school's academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes that are available to develop the area of talent.
Successful students will gain admission into FMS(S) for the academic year beginning January 2020
and will complete their secondary school education in FMS(S) as long as they meet the set criteria
for DSA to FMS(S) and pass the PSLE.
Areas offered by FMS(S) for DSA-Sec Exercise
|Badminton (Girls)||Choir (Boys & Girls)||Leadership (Boys & Girls)|
|Basketball (Boys)||English Drama (Boys & Girls)|
|Netball (Girls)||Guitar Ensemble (Boys & Girls)|
|Squash (Boys)||Modern Contemporary Dance (Boys & Girls)|
|Volleyball (Boys & Girls)||Symphonic Band (Boys & Girls)|
Detailed criteria are provided in the respective page of each group.Please refer to the hyperlinks provided under admission.
Follow these steps to apply your child's application:
1) Applicants studying in MOE mainstream primary schools: Only one parent’s SingPass is needed to log in. If parent/ guardian is unable to apply online, they can approach the child’s primary school for assistance.
2) Please refer to the following link for Direct School Admission (DSA-Sec): Apply
3) Applicants NOT studying in MOE mainstream primary schools: They need to obtain a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) at MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC) from 8 May 2019, 9am to 4 Jun 2019, 3pm, before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. Please refer to MOE website here.
4) The closing date for submission is: Tuesday, 4th June 2019 at 3pm
Timeline for DSA-Sec
1) Selection Trials
- Applicants who fulfil all the criteria will be notified to attend the Selection Trials
- For Sports CCA, please refer here.
- For Performing Arts CCA, please refer here.
- For *General, please refer here.
- Applicants who are not successful will be informed via letters/ an email.
2) Interviews (Mon, 15 July)
applicants from the Selection Trials will be invited to attend an interview.
- Applicants who
are not successful will be informed via a letter/an email from the
3) Outcomes of DSA-Sec Applications
- Applicants will know the outcome of their applications via letters/ an email.
4) Submission of School Preference (Information will be provided at a later date)
- Applicants who have received at least one DSA-Sec
offer may indicate up to three school preferences .
- Details will be provided to successful applicants.
5) Release of Results (Information will be provided at a later date)
- Applicants studying
in mainstream schools will receive their DSA-Sec results together with their
PSLE results through their primary schools.
- Applicants not
studying in mainstream schools can collect their DSA-Sec results at the MOE
Customer Service Centre.
After reading through the FAQ page here, you may contact the following staff if you still have questions:
- Ms. Nur Syafiqah (DSA Coordinator)
at firstname.lastname@example.org (for Selection Trials & Interviews)
- Mr. Francis Ng (HOD PE & CCA)
at email@example.com (for General & PA-related DSA enquires)
- Mr. Jason Lum (SH PE & CCA)
at firstname.lastname@example.org (for Sports-related DSA enquires)