2018 Direct School Admission â”€ DSA-Sec Exercise
Fairfield Methodist School (Secondary) welcomes applications from Primary 6 students in the
current academic year to take part in the Direct School Admission (DSA-Sec) Exercise. We seek
to provide an environment which will nurture your abilities and enable you to reach your
fullest potential as a student sportsperson/performer.
Successful students will gain admission into FMS(S) for the academic year beginning January 2019
and will complete their secondary school education in FMS(S) as long as they meet the set criteria
for DSA to FMS(S) and pass the PSLE.
Areas offered by FMS(S) for DSA-Sec Exercise
|Badminton (Girls)||Choir (Boys & Girls)||Leadership (Boys & Girls)|
|Basketball (Boys)||English Drama (Boys & Girls)|
|Netball (Girls)||Guitar Ensemble (Boys & Girls)|
|Squash (Boys)||Modern Contemporary Dance (Boys & Girls)|
|Volleyball (Boys & Girls)||Symphonic Band (Boys & Girls)|
Detailed criteria are provided in the respective page of each group.
1) Download the Application Form here.
2) For all students who are not studying in MOE mainstream schools, including foreigners and returning Singaporeans, please obtain a form from the MOE Customer Service Centre before application. This form would provide a Registration Number which would be needed on the Application Form.
3) Send completed form with supporting documents to FMS(S) in person. The supporting documents include:
- Birth Certificate (copy);
- Year-End Results of P4 & P5 (certified true copy);
- Mid-Year Results of P6 (certified true copy);
- School CCA Records (copy, if available);
- Any external certificate relevant to the CCA applied for (copy).
4) Fill in all the sections in the Application Form. Incomplete form, or form without supporting documents, will not be accepted.
5) The closing date for submission is:- 26 June 2018 (Tuesday) 5 pm
Timeline for DSA-Sec
1) Selection Trials (28 June 2018 â”€ 3 July 2018)
- Applicants who fulfil all the criteria will be notified to attend the Selection Trials.
- For Sports CCA, please refer here.
- For Performing Arts CCA, please refer here.
- For *General, please refer here.
- Applicants who are not successful will be informed via letters.
*There are no selection Trials for this category.
2) Interviews (dates to be confirmed)
- Short-listed applicants from the Selection Trials will be invited to attend an interview.
- Applicants who are not successful will be informed via a letter from the school.
3) Outcomes of DSA-Sec Applications
- Applicants will know the outcome of their applications by 31 August 2018.
4) Submission of School Preference (Late October 2018)
- Applicants who have received at least one DSA-Sec offer may indicate up to three school preferences.
- Details will be provided to successful applicants.
5) Release of Results (Late November 2018)
- Applicants studying in mainstream schools will receive their DSA-Sec results together with their PSLE results through their primary schools.
- Applicants not studying in mainstream schools can collect their DSA-Sec results at the MOE Customer Service Centre.
Important Notice from MOE
Students successfully allocated to their DSA-Sec schools will NOT be allowed to participate in the annual Secondary One Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools. They will also NOT be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the studentâ€™s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schoolsâ€™ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
After reading through the FAQ page here, you may contact the following staff if you still have questions:
- Ms. Nur Syafiqah (DSA Coordinator)
at firstname.lastname@example.org (for Selection Trials & Interviews)
- Mr. Francis Ng (HOD PE & CCA)
at email@example.com (for General & PA-related DSA enquires)
- Mr. Jason Lum (SH PE & CCA)
at firstname.lastname@example.org (for Sports-related DSA enquires)