Home > About Us > PDPA Policy for FMS(S)
PDPA Policy for FMS(S)
The Personal Data Protection policy explains how FMS(S) collects, uses and disclose personal data.
FMS(S) collects, uses and discloses personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. In general, prior to the collection of any personal data, we will notify, wherever possible, the purpose for which the personal data may be collected, used and disclosed.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The main purpose for which personal data is collected, used or disclosed by FMS(S) is to provide the educational services, deliver teaching and facilitate learning to our students.
In the process of doing so, we wish to highlight that
- Personal data of students enrolled with FMS(S) may be used and disclosed to third parties for school related activities, training, events, competition and scholarships/awards nominations
- We will be evaluating information from application forms by students and applicants for the purpose of assessment of the application
- We will be handling the data for student related matters, such as candidature matters, achievements, placements, programmes or courses, financial aid applications, travel insurances
- Collecting and processing data for student related activities (e.g. festival celebrations,orientation, student camps, conferences, student benefit activities) which may be provided by FMS(S) to enhance student’s life, create networking opportunities, foster community spirit, holistic development of students
- Photographs, personal images by photography, video recording and/or participation in media interviews may be used for the general media, the school’s websites, newsletters, collaterals, posters and publications, as well as for distribution and viewed by stakeholders and members of the public.
- Disclosure is allowed or required by law or regulation, Ministries, government agencieswhere we are required to do so by applicable law and/or regulation.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES PERMITTED UNDER STATUTORY EXEMPTION UNDER THE ACT
In order for the school to conduct school operations smoothly, FMS(S) may disclose your personal data to our third party service providers, affiliates, or related organisations.
FMS(S) will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without first obtaining your consent wherever possible or unless any such disclosure is permitted under any of the statutory exemptions under the Act or under the following circumstances.
- Disclosure is required by law; or is necessary for any investigation or proceedings
- The purpose of disclosure is in your interest and consent cannot be obtained in a timely manner
- Disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens life, health or safety of yourself or others
REQUEST FOR ACCESS, CORRECTION AND/OR WITHDRAWAL OF PERSONAL DATA
You may request to access and/or correct the Personal Data currently in our possession, or have the option to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control at any time by submitting a written request to our PDPA Contact Person (See Below).
For a request to access your Personal Data, we will provide you with the relevant Personal Data within a reasonable time from such a request being made.
For a request to correct your Personal Data, once we have sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will send the corrected Personal Data to every other organisation to which the Personal Data was disclosed by us within a year before the date the correction was made, unless the other organisation does not need the corrected personal data for any legal or business purpose.
- For a request to withdraw consent, we will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data in the manner stated in your request.
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate and complete and updated.
Reasonable security arrangements will be made to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your Personal Data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your Personal Data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
- We will also take reasonable efforts and measures to ensure that the Personal Data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
UPDATES ON PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
FMS(S) will update the policies, procedures and processes on a regular basis to ensure that we can improve the manner in which we manage, protect and process your personal data effectively.
- We may amend the terms of this personal data protection policy at our discretion from time to time.
If there are any clarification regarding the PDPA policy, please contact us via email address: email@example.com